Source: Green Leap ForwardFrom ecocity media I learned that the US and Chinese governments are teaming up to do a ten year study on EcoCity Policy, or Ten Year Energy and Environment Cooperation, as they call it.
Part of the agreement includes the creation of strategic EcoPartnerships between US and Chinese corporations and academic institutions:
- Building upon the announcement made at SED IV, the United States and China signed the Framework for EcoPartnerships under the Ten Year Framework, aimed at developing new models for energy security, economic sustainability, and environmental sustainability in both countries. The following seven initial EcoPartnerships were announced:
- Energy Future Holdings Corp. and China Huadian Corporation;
- Denver, Colorado, USA, Ford Motor Company and Chongqing, China, Changan Auto Group Corporation;
- Wichita, Kansas, USA and Wuxi, Jiangsu, China;
- Floating Windfarms Corporation and Tangshan Caofeidian New Development Area, Hebei, China
- Port of Seattle, Washington, USA and Dalian Port Corporation, Liaoning, China;
- Greensburg, Kansas, USA and Mianzhu, Sichuan, China; and
- Tulane University and East China Normal University (ECNU).
The United States, through the Department of Energy, and the People's Republic of China, through the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Construction, agreed to conduct an EcoCity policy study, strengthen capacity building, promote science and technology development, and design an EcoCity demonstration project under the Ten Year Framework;
hmmm...I wonder how I can get on board to help design the EcoCity demonstration project...that sounds awesome!